The standard Git Flow Diagram has always left a lot to be desired.
Git Flow Diagram Problems
Here are the issues with the typical Git Flow diagram:
- From one site to another, the colors used are inconsistent.
- Git commit, merge and rebase points are not clearly distinguished
- Some standard Git Flow branches are ignored, like Gitflow support and Gitflow bugfix
That’s why I like this better Git Flow diagram. The image below is based on it.
Here’s a link to the proper image: Better Gitflow Workflow Diagram
In summary, the steps to create a proper Gitflow diagram include:
- Use consistent colors for master, hotfix, release, develop and feature branches
- Differentiate between commit and merge points
- Try to include support and bugfix branches to be feature complete
Have fun with Git and Gitflow!